That is a plate of take out food that we got from Selma's Texas Barbeque last Friday afternoon. We ordered enough that we all got to sample a little bit of everything except for the sausage, which was on the smoker and not due to be ready until 7 pm that evening. Selma's is on University Blvd in Moon, so it's not too far from our house, maybe 10 minutes.
In the photo, going clockwise starting from 12 o'clock, I tried cole slaw, macaroni & cheese, beef brisket, pulled pork, smoked turkey, ribs, and green beans with bacon. Kansas City sauce is in the center.
- The cole slaw is good, nothing special but definitely not bad cole slaw.
- The macaroni and cheese is yummy. Not too cheesy, not rubbery, just delicious, long and slow baked macaroni and cheese.
- The beef brisket might have been my favorite of the meats. Tender and smoky.
- The pulled pork was my least favorite of the meats - it seemed a bit dry to me.
- The turkey was much more delicious than I expected. Then again, I never have high hopes for turkey. It was moist and flavorful.
- The ribs were very good, too. Lots of meat that easily pulled from the bone.
- The green beans with bacon were way too peppery for me - I had one taste and gave the rest to SP!
- I really liked the Kansas City sauce - thick and rich, as advertised.
We ordered a Full Slab of Ribs, the Trail Boss Sampler meal, and the Chicken Leg/Thigh dinner, each came with 2 sides and a corn muffin, and we got 3 meals from all the food. Definitely a good deal!
All 3 of us liked our food and would definitely get food from Selma's in the future.