2. During their visit, we invited SP's parents to join us for dinner one evening. It was a very nice evening. Not only was it a beautiful day outside, perfect for grilling & sitting on the deck, but it was nice to have a smaller group instead of having SP's entire family over. We grilled burgers and sausages, made fruit salad and tossed salad, and SP's mom brought dessert from Bethel Bakery (yum yums! cupcakes! lady fingers!). After SP's parents left, we lingered outside on the deck, enjoying a fantastic evening, even if a lightning bug did attack my face and even if some mosquitoes bit me.
|The finished chicken - golden brown|
4. We also picked some kale from our garden and grilled the kale. Yum!
5. Along with Bethel Bakery treats, we've been enjoying pizzelles and spritz cookies, which SP & I made for their visit.
7. True Blood. Deaths. So sad. Don't want to give anything away. But we managed to watch the most recent episode (when the nephews were not around - not a show for them to see!) and we both were surprised and saddened by the character who was killed off.
8. Off to enjoy my last day with Texas family. They leave our home tomorrow morning and we probably won't see them until the winter holidays. I think SP needs that much time to get his Mario skills up to par with their skill level!