This past weekend, we went to Butcher & the Rye. When we ate there in March, we really enjoyed our meal and we've been wanting to return. This time we took Dining Companion along.
I didn't take my camera because I figured we'd order exactly what we ordered last time, plus it's pretty dark inside so I figured the photos would be lousy. Of course I ended up wishing I had taken the camera because we ordered some different dishes, some daily special dishes, so I used my cell phone to take photos. But I only took 2 photos because I figured they wouldn't turn out -- and because I was more interested in eating than in taking photos!
We ordered 8 small plates to share plus dessert. And cocktails. DC & I had the special cocktail, I think it was called Bed of Roses - ? Bourbon, lime - yum. SP ordered Bee's Knees, a gin & lemon & honey drink.
|Burrata and Plum Small Plate (half eaten before I took the photo!)|
- Burrata Cheese (with plum)
- Crudo (cured fish (halibut I think it said) with... other stuff)
- Escargot (with country bread and bone marrow)
- Pig Candy (pork belly, apple kim chi, miso caramel, cilantro)
- Brussels Sprouts (brown butter, dill, parmesan, lemon aioli)
- Sunday Gravy (lamb neck, tomato, ricotta, country bread)
- Caesar Salad (with kale, tomato, and anchovy garlic bread)
- Mac & Cheese (fontina, taleggio, goat cheese, cheddar, parmesan)
We were again very happy with our drinks and food and service. I'm already looking forward to our next visit. DC even enjoyed everything - she loved what I call the eclectic rustic decor, and enjoyed trying all the different plates of food. I think she's already plotting her next visit, too!