Thursday, March 26, 2015
3. This week we watched Birdman. What a terrific movie! No wonder it won Best Picture. I haven't yet seen all the movies that were nominated for Best Picture, I've seen 5 of the 8, but of the ones I have seen, this is the one I think is "best."
4. We started watching Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. So far we really like it. Only 4 more episodes to go.
5. I started working on my cross-stitch again. Just a few hours a week. My eyes are going crazy. It's really tough to do the detail work on the black areas because the area is all black and all tiny cross-stitches, so I keep counting wrong and making mistakes and getting frustrated. Plus, the detail work uses metallic thread, which I do not like using because of its texture.
6. We're having success fixing electronic gadget issues. SP bought a new phone and we got to keep our price plan. My digital photo frame was replaced by the manufacturer. SP's remote control is being replaced by the manufacturer. My tablet seems to be back to normal.
7. If only we could get the yard guys here to look at the yard and then actually offer a quote and then actually show up to do the work. You wouldn't think this would be so difficult, but it is. Our woodsy hillside desperately needs a huge clean up and it is beyond our ability. We contact people, phone and email, leave messages, no one responds, or they say they'll be out to quote and it takes 2 weeks to show up, then it takes 2-3 weeks to get a quote that doesn't have all the stuff we wanted quoted... ARGH!