1. Tomorrow is the appointment for the a/c unit check up. I'm a little worried. On the one hand, after those initial 2-3 days of seeming to be sick, it's been fine, keeping up with the heat inside and cooling as desired. On the other hand, SP took a closer look at the stickers/information on the unit and discovered ours is from 1993. So it's 22 years old. That doesn't seem to bode well for a happy, problem free, working great a/c system!
2. Of course this morning we had to turn on the furnace because the house was 68 degrees and we were chilly. I think I saw a possible frost warning for Friday into Saturday - ? In late May!
3. There have been several family health issues lately (the kind that involve hospital trips, for both our families). The latest was my mom taking my dad to the ER on Monday and now he is having outpatient surgery tomorrow. I'm kind of worried even though it's not a major surgery but... the older I get, the more freaked out and worried about this stuff I've become. I'm much more aware of just how short life is.
4. In the past couple of weeks I've read:
- The Bone Tree by Greg Iles (love these books and already looking forward to part 3 of this trilogy)
- A Spool of Blue Thread by Anne Tyler (first time I've read a Tyler book)
- The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah (enjoyable)
I still have a pile of 4 library books to read plus 2 more ready for pick up. Looks like there's still a lot of reading in my near future.
5. This weekend is Memorial Day weekend, the unofficial start of summer. We're celebrating by hosting a gathering with friends. I'm not yet sure of the complete menu, but I think we've decided on pork, smoked and grilled.
6. The weekend also means it's time to transplant the herbs and veggies into their big pots/garden spots and plant the petunias as well. I wish some of our herbs were bigger but the ones from last year have revived nicely: