1. Fickle weather. One day we have the a/c on, struggling to cool the house from 84 to 78, then the next day the house is down to 68 and the furnace is running.
2. Speaking of a/c: tomorrow the new a/c will be installed!
3. Last Sunday's Game of Thrones. Wow. Even though the episode aired 4 days ago, I don't want to say anything else. Just. Wow. I watched the last half hour or so with my brain spinning - No! Gah! WTF! Holy Crap! Holy Crap! Get your sword! Run! Row! ROW!!!!!!
4. This week's dinners: Sloppy Joes and Turkey-Bacon-Avocado-Tomato on Mediterra Farm Bread. We seasoned the turkey with herbes de provence.
5. This week's reading: the new food magazines and The Girls of Mischief Bay by Susan Mallery. I don't analyze/think too much about what I read beyond, am I enjoying the story? Do I find myself constantly picking up the book or avoiding it? I enjoyed the story and it kept me interested.
6. We watched The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1. Not quite as good as the first film, but still enjoyable. We haven't read the books, mostly we're watching the movies because my niece likes the series.
7. We also watched Selma, which was excellent and made me cry.
8. I'm finally organizing all the recipes I ripped out of those old Cook's Illustrated magazines plus the ones I ripped out of the last 4 months of magazines. I also went through all the "free cookbook if you subscribe/renew" small, paperback cookbooks and ripped those apart. And now I am a little overwhelmed with recipe clippings. I think my 5 binders is going to expand to 8 binders. I already separated the pasta recipes into their own binder and the potatoes/rice/grains recipes into their own binder. I think the desserts will be expanding into a third binder. Hopefully I'll finish by this weekend and the dining room will no longer be a mess of binders, plastic sheets, colored paper, scissors, glue, and piles of recipe clippings.