|Grandma's Cucumbers in Vinegar|
|Smoked brats, grilled burgers|
3. When I finally transferred the camera photos to the computer, I found some from a night we needed a quick and easy dinner. We ended up getting Uncle Sam's Subs.
|Uncle Sam's Vegetable Florentine with Chicken|
|Uncle Sam's Cheesesteak|
|Uncle Sam's Sweet Potato Fries|
4. I finished Early Warning (Jane Smiley) this week and started reading Radiant Angel (Nelson DeMille). I am excited for Book 3 of Smiley's trilogy and seeing what happens with some of the characters from Book 1. Really enjoying the books. I always enjoy DeMille's novels so I'm looking forward to getting more into this book - I've only read a few pages.
5. I finished the June/July stack of magazines. I didn't find too many interesting recipes to rip out, but I guess that's a good thing since I have 7 binders of recipes.
6. This week I watched Wild, and I enjoyed the movie, but it was kind of a slow movie. SP & I watched Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom. Idris Elba was impressive as Mandela. I barely recognized him. But overall, I thought the movie was a little boring. Maybe there is just too much to Mandela's life to try to capture it all in 2.5 hours, but I felt like we didn't really get a sense of what shaped him, what drove him, how he was truly affected. I haven't read an entire detailed biography, but I have read biographies online and there's just way more than this film was able to portray and it glossed over some of his less than admirable actions and beliefs.
7. Tomorrow morning I have a doctor appointment and am sad that there won't be donuts since Better Maid is still still closed. Stupid, idiot driver who crashed into the donuts.