2. Post-Thanksgiving meals this past week were leftover Thanksgiving food (though there wasn't that much leftover) and pasta salad with lots and lots of vegetables.
3. We had 10 adults and 4 kids here on Thanksgiving. I think everyone had a good time and enjoyed the food. I did not take many photos. Here's the turkey waiting to go in the oven:
|SP's plate of food|
5. We were exhausted Friday. We slept late, cleaned more, did lots of laundry, and then I napped in the afternoon and SP tried to sort out his gaming stuff in the basement (apparently at least one nephew explored every single game/controller/system!).
|The pumpkin pie we made|
7. Sunday was back to the usual laundry & cooking plus we put up our Christmas tree. Christmas decorating always takes a good 3-4 hours. And SP was working on a friend's computer that had been having issues and he had to get it done in time for the return to school.
8. We also spent some post-holiday weekend time poking around and digging through stuff in the basement since we were informed in no uncertain terms that our basement stinks of sewage or dead animal. We did not find a dead animal - I would have been very surprised if we did because of the mouse traps we have out in the furnace room and garage and because of the stray cats and snake that live in our back/front yards. As for sewer smell, if it was backing up, the alarm would be going off. So I have no idea what the issue is, or if we even have an issue, because we found nothing and smell nothing other than the usual "basement smell." My parents don't smell anything. Our cleaning lady didn't smell anything. I'm not sure what to do next to sort this one out.
9. This week I read the new Harry Bosch book by Michael Connelly and it was very good.
10. This week I have not spent much time on the computer. Our cleaning lady was here on Tuesday and she & I always chit chat while she's here. Wednesday was a very early morning doctor appointment, then SP dropped me off at my mom's and she & I went shopping. Last night SP & I were super tired from getting up 2-3 hours earlier than usual for my doctor appointment.
11. And that's how the past week has flown by. Busier than normal and exhausted from too much holiday cheer (maybe a little too much wine and one too many spiced cranberry martinis).