- Tricky Twenty-Two by Janet Evanovich (the usual car disasters, Lula craziness, Grandma Mazur craziness, etc.)
- Little Black Lies by Sharon Bolton (really good, I couldn't put it down, and on the very last page I gasped and said aloud WHAT?! and then re-read the last 20 pages or so a few times)
- Under the Same Blue Sky by Pamela Schoenewaldt (also quite good)
2. We started watching Making A Murderer on Netflix. I can't believe how hooked we are. I can't believe the Manitowoc police department, our justice system, and many, many other things that happened in the murder investigation, and we've only watched the first 3 episodes.
3. We had leftover fresh basil from the NY Eve lobster pasta and since we didn't want to waste it, we made Creamy Tomato Pasta for one of our meals this week. I love the sauce with the bits of prosciutto and sun-dried tomato in it.
4. Our other dinner this week is a pork tenderloin marinated in soy sauce, red wine, cinnamon, fresh ginger, brown sugar, and honey. We used to make it a lot but it had been quite some time. The side dishes are potatoes and green beans.
5. We also made a batch of Chex Mix to use up the Chex cereal before it went stale. We both have a Chex Mix problem. We can't stop eating it. It didn't last very long. We may have fought for the last little crumbles. Someone may have tipped the bowl directly into their mouth to get every last crumble.
6. This week one of us had a doctor appointment because of the urgent care visit on NY Day and now has to see another doctor. The issue seems to be gone, it hasn't happened again, but it still merits further investigation. So a little bit of worry/stress there.
7. Also this week, the wheelchair people had to come look at my wheelchair. The tires and casters were replaced in October. The wheelchair felt off to me, but I didn't say anything because I thought I was being silly and overly picky. Then SP noticed something right before Christmas and we got concerned. Turns out that incorrect axles (too long) were used to get the tires on (which explains my unstable/left to right shimmy feeling) plus there was another issue plus the casters are a different size and I don't like how they changed my "turning radius" so they are replacing those, too.
8. And Happy New Year - here are 2 incorrect health care bills! For the 2nd year in a row, UPMC didn't bill my annual visit as an annual visit, they used some other "code" so now insurance won't cover it. UPMC is so inept when it comes to processing claims and bills.
Then for the 3rd year in a row the wheelchair people didn't send the repair/replace parts bill to the 3rd party payer after sending it through the 2 insurances (and this was after about 4 phone calls this past Sep/Oct to arrange/follow up on the annual check up/parts replacement when I repeatedly told them to mark my account as having a 3rd payer) so I got a bill but I shouldn't owe anything. I called and the girl seemed so darn confused and said she'd have to investigate & get back to me. Still waiting...