1. It's Thursday again. I feel like life is zooming by way too quickly.
2. Monday I spent the day in the hospital. SP had surgery. It was outpatient surgery, so he got to go home, but we were there from 10:30 am until a bit past 5 pm. Surgery went well and we are waiting for lab results, which SP should get when he sees the surgeon again next week.
3. He spent Tuesday and Wednesday at home resting. Tuesday he was a good patient but Wednesday, he was pacing and restless and he seemed bored. He's going to be a terrible retired person. This morning he was up as soon as the alarm went off, got me up early, and seemed anxious to get out the door and go to work.
4. Meanwhile, the 2 tests I had done came back with nothing wrong. So maybe I'm crazy? Maybe I'm having sympathy pains/issues? I don't really feel off, I don't really feel right, and now I'm not sure why I feel the way I feel, or even if really feel wrong, maybe I don't... I don't know what normal is anymore.
5. So, baby steps. I made appointments to see a dermatologist and a new eye doctor (since mine are no longer in network) and while neither of those is related to what I thought was/is wrong, I have been meaning to make those appointments since last July.
6. Basically, we are feeling really old and creaky and mortal.
7. Lots of down time for SP means we watched Everest and Pawn Sacrifice. We enjoyed both movies but I found Pawn Sacrifice hard to watch because Bobby was such a jerk. As for Everest, I have no idea why there is any allure to climbing mountains like that. I can understand the thrill of reaching the top, but getting there in those temperatures and weather conditions and all the risk from Mother Nature and human body limitations, I just don't see the appeal.
8. We enjoyed the final episode of Downton Abbey. Quantico is back, but after really enjoying the first few episodes, I've been struggling a bit to stay interested. I was hoping the second part of the season would improve, but I'm not so sure it will. Agent Carter ended, thankfully, because the black goo (Zero Matter) story was annoying me, and now SHIELD is back and I'm still so-so on that show. Just when I want to quit, it sucks me back in.
9. This week our 2 dinner meals have been chicken noodle soup & sloppy joes. Easy meals.