2. This week our 2 dinner meals are:
- Chicken in Mustard-Shallot-Vermouth Sauce with asparagus and rice
- Pierogies with ham/kielbasa and sauteed green beans
3. Earlier this week I watched the movie Room. It was OK. I read the book a while ago and I didn't especially enjoy the book, not the subject matter/plot but more the writing style. I know it was nominated/won several book awards but... I just had a hard time getting through it. I wasn't at all interested in the movie but then I decided I wanted to watch it because Brie Larson won the Oscar for Best Actress and because Jacob Tremblay is so darn cute.
4. I finally had an eye exam yesterday. It had been 4+ years. He said my eyes are still quite good, better than most people he sees who are around my age (!) but I got a new prescription for reading glasses just to make it easier when I read, cross-stitch, etc. He also wrote me a prescription to help ease strain for distance, like when watching TV, but the only time that is a problem is when I'm trying to read/sew and watch TV at the same time. My eyes just cannot focus on the TV.
5. I made my March Madness basketball picks, men & women, and we'll see who wins this year (me, mom, dad, or SP). I haven't paid much attention to basketball this year and I didn't read any "expert analysis" or look at any "expert picks" before filling out my brackets. We'll see if I do better than usual with this approach.
6. SP started our herbs and veggies. They are lined up on the dining room table. I went in there the other day and was surprised to discover the light was on in the middle of the day but then I remembered that he replaced the light bulbs in our light fixture with grow light bulbs. It also smells quite dirt-like in there! I'm glad the dining room is set apart from the main living area/kitchen.
7. I can see the chives growing even more out on the deck. I also see weeds already in the front mulch areas. Ugh. Mowing season will start soon.
8. Bosch Season 2 was released last Friday and by Sunday afternoon we had watched all 10 episodes!
9. Since we finished Bosch, we are free to start binge watching Daredevil on Netflix this weekend. Season 2 starts tomorrow.