Thursday, March 24, 2016
2. I spent several hours the past 2 days doing calligraphy. I agreed to do table name tags/place cards for a friend's event but it's been 6 years since I did any calligraphy, so I had to practice. And then do it. Once I got all the spacing sorted out it didn't take too long but I did manage to smear my hands & shirt with black ink. That stuff is hard to wash off! I spent a lot of time practicing. My letter shapes and spacing were way off. I guess I should practice more instead of only doing it when the need arises?
3. This past week we watched several movies: The Big Short, which was excellent; Black Mass, just OK; Our Brand Is Crisis, which I found boring and stupid.
4. We started watching Daredevil Season 2. I think we're 4 episodes in, maybe 5, and so far it's pretty darn good. I especially liked the stairwell fight scene.
5. I got back to reading. I read Our Souls At Night. It was a quick read for me. It was beautiful in a bittersweet, sad and happy kind of way, and definitely thought provoking.
6. SP is going to the hockey game tonight (Penguins-Devils) so I'm on my own for dinner: leftover pasta. Tomorrow is Good Friday, the one day a year when I try to not eat meat. It's what we did when I was a kid, every Good Friday we met my grandparents at Tonidale Restaurant (is it even still there?!) for fish dinner, and I guess I still feel the need to not have meat on Good Friday. Even then I disliked fish, so by fish dinner I mean everyone ate fish but I ate fried shrimp.
7. It's supposed to be 76-77 today. And then tomorrow be 50-51. Not a big fan of the see-saw weather. But I am looking forward to grilling and deck time soon.