1. Hockey! Some pretty exciting hockey games for the Penguins. All they need is two more wins.
2. The herbs and veggies are transplanted but looking meh. Hopefully this weather will perk them up and get them growing.
3. I read Flight of Dreams by Ariel Lawhon. It's fiction but about the fateful voyage of the Hindenburg. Like her previous book The Wife, the Maid, and the Mistress, I very much enjoyed it.
4. Currently I am reading City of Mirrors, the third book in Justin Cronin's trilogy. I had to find online recaps for The Passage and The Twelve to refresh my memory because it's been such a long time since I read them. I'm only about 25% through the book. The print is tiny, even with my new glasses, and there's lots of it, not like other books that have 1.5 page chapters and lots of blank space. Not a lot of blank space here! It's going to take a while to get through it.
5. We smoked pork shoulder last weekend. It was tasty. This time we made 2 barbecue sauces, the usual and a new-to-us one. The new one used 4 tbsp chili powder and grated ginger and mustard. It was a little too strong/tangy for me. I prefer my light colored sauce to the darker one.
6. We also bought and transplanted flowers into the front planter and pots. This year we chose purple petunias, white impatiens, and a mix of yellow petunias, white impatiens, and some kind of pink flower for the giant pot by the front door. Usually we only plant petunias, so we;'ll see how these other ones do.
7. Killed off the first wasp nest of the year. Those buggers are annoying.
8. Happy June.