Thursday, June 16, 2016
We didn't go to the parade but I did watch some of it on TV. So many people!
2. This week we're having grilled flank steak quesadillas with roasted red pepper, grilled mushrooms, grilled tomatoes, and cheddar. We marinated the steak on our favorite steak marinade, the Coffee Marinade. For dessert this week we made Coffee Ice Cream. Our other meal is the Grilled Zucchini & Red Pepper Fattoush.
3. Breakfast is finally NOT bananas. It's strawberries from the farmers market and cherries. So happy.
4. Super excited for Game of Thrones this Sunday. The Big Battle! Jon Snow & Ramsey.
5. We have watched episodes 1-3 of Preacher and while SP is a fan, I am not. I find myself super bored and super annoyed with the show. I think this is going to be a show I quit and SP keeps watching, like Fringe.
6. We're falling a little behind on TV catching up. We still haven't watched the last 6 episodes of The Walking Dead. We haven't watched any of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Season 2. OITNB Season 4 starts tomorrow.
7. SP finished reading City of Mirrors and we got to talk about it. We both enjoyed it a lot and are glad we read Cronin's trilogy.
8. It's a gloomy, dark, rainy day, but this weekend is supposed to be sunny-ish & less humid. Maybe I'll brave the deck. The deck guy power washed it earlier this week, which means the only thing on the deck is the table, so there's nowhere for Sammy to lurk/hide. Plus, the birds and their nests/eggs are gone, so there's no tasty food under the deck for Sammy.