2. Summer is usually when there's not much to watch to TV and I enjoy television-free evenings. That is changing. This summer we've started watching:
- Animal Kingdom (TNT)- I really enjoyed the movie so I thought I'd give the TV show a try. I've been on the fence about it but I think I've tipped onto the hooked and will keep watching side.
- The Night Of (HBO) - I set up the DVR to record this while we were away. We finally watched the first 3 episodes and we are hooked.
- BrainDead (CBS) - We're still on the fence about this one. We like it and get some laughs but...
- Stranger Things (Netflix) - We finally hopped on the Stranger Things bandwagon last night, watching the first episode. Yup. We're hooked.
- Great British Baking Show (PBS) - The contestants are so calm, and lovely, and normal, not like reality show contestants here in the US. They've made some amazing things, some things I'd never heard of, like Spanische Windtorte, a dessert that has two types of meringue, Swiss and French, designed into a circular box and filled with cream and fruit.
We finally finished The Walking Dead but we still have OITNB Season 4 and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Season 2 to watch.
3. I haven't been reading as much as I'd like, but recently I read:
- The Black Widow (Daniel Silva) - Still thoroughly enjoy the Gabriel Allon series.
- Til Death Do Us Part (Amanda Quick) - Enjoyed this more than I expected for what is equal parts mystery and romance.
4. Garden Update: When we got home from vacation we had a lot of tasty green beans in the garden and this past week we got our first 2 zucchini. The cherry tomatoes are finally turning from green to red.
- I made SP hide the bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos in the basement. Ugh. I don't know why he bought them and then one day I couldn't help myself even though I knew the inevitable result: me covered in orange dust & feeling totally gross after chomping down.
- We were at the mall last weekend and SP steered me to the Pittsburgh Popcorn Company. In husband-speak, saying you "just want to see" what flavors they have means you want a bag of flavored popcorn. We bought a small bag of Chocolate Caramel Popcorn.
- We baked Raspberry-Ricotta Cake for dessert. It's tasty, but not quite as tasty as I remember. I think I may have left it in a tad too long this time.
6. Dinners this week: