So like has been giving me lots of paczki. They help me deal with the news because every time I read the news, I cringe and feel so stressed and dismayed and hopeless. We quit watching TV news. I'm about to quite reading it, too.
Dinners This Week:
- Pork tenderloin, mustard roasted potatoes, mashed cauliflower
- Quesadilla filled with chicken (seasoned with Penzey's taco seasoning), cheddar, roasted tomato, and salsa, avocado, sour cream, cucumber on the side.
- Dessert - paczki, Chex Mix, M&M's
What We're Watching:
- Last night we watched Sully. It was very good. Made me get teary.
- Still watching & enjoying Victoria on PBS.
- Quantico is back. Meh. I guess we'll keep watching but it's turned into a show that we watch and comment on all the inconsistencies and plot holes and errors.
- We love laughing at Worst Cooks In America. Admittedly, I would have a very tough time doing what they had to do: fillet and prepare a fish dinner. Between the smell and trying to fillet the fish without hacking it into a raggedy mess, mine would probably look horrible.
- Tonight Shonda TV returns! SP is exiled to the basement. Grey's Anatomy (What will happen to Alex?). Scandal (Um, kinda don't even remember where it left off.). HTGAWM (Who killed Wes?).
- We watched an abysmal football game last Sunday night. No interest in the Super Bowl. Other than hoping the Falcons make Shady Brady & Bellicheat cry.
What I'm Reading:
I read Modern Lovers from Emma Straub. This is my second Straub book. The first was The Vacationers. I have a like-dislike relationship with these books. They never completely suck me in, I can easily put them down & walk away. Yet I don't give up, no matter how annoyed or uninterested I am at certain points, no matter how much I can't stand the characters, no matter that I always end up skimming through much of the book, just wanting to see how it ends. Maybe I just don't enjoy reading 300+ page books about dysfunctional families/trials & tribulations of contemporary relationships/angsty relationship stuff. I probably should have just walked away from both books because I didn't close them after reading the last page and think anything other than "time to put it in the library return pile."