Last weekend we stopped by La Gourmandine in Mt. Lebanon and picked up some treats. Yum! The apple tart was good but what we really liked were the chouquette.
We lost power Tuesday evening for 1.5 hours. Kind of annoying. That's the second time this month (the last time it was out 4 hours) and the 3rd or 4th time since last August. Every time it's because an overgrown tree/shrub/vine fell on the power line. Which makes me wonder who the heck is responsible for the woodsy stuff along the roads and why they or the power company aren't required/don't make more of an effort to trim them back from the lines since it's becoming a more frequent issue.
Meals This Week:
- Farro with Mushrooms & Pancetta
- Cauliflower Pizza
- Dessert has been Chex Mix or M&M's
What We're Watching:
- We finally watched the first 4 episodes of Taboo that were on the DVR. I really like Tom Hardy and I'm enjoying the show but it can be a little weird, and a little slow paced, but overall, it manages to suck us in. Especially me (Tom Hardy!). Looking forward to the next 4 episodes (it's an 8 episode series on FX, Tuesdays at 10 pm).
- I very much enjoyed the return of my Thursday night shows, although HTGAWM is a bit of a drag with Annalise in jail.
What I'm Reading:
- I read Only Daughter by Anna Snoekstra. I really enjoyed this book. It held my interest and it was a quick read. It's about the disappearance of 16 year old Rebecca. Her disappearance is never solved and then eleven years later she is replaced by a young woman who, desperate to be set free after being arrested, claims to be the missing girl. Soon she is "reunited" with Rebecca's family and living her life but the welcoming. happy family and friends are not quite as they seem. As "impostor Rebecca" dodges the detective investigating her case, she begins to delve into the life of the "real Rebecca" and soon realizes that she is in imminent danger from the same dangers "real Rebecca" faced.
- I also read The Secrets of Wishtide, which is set in 1850 London and features a 52 year old widow investigating a murder. I enjoyed it a lot and am looking forward to the next Laetitia Rodd book.