Meals This Week:
- Roast chicken with sausage stuffing & green beans
- 20 Minute Homemade Macaroni & Cheese (from the latest Cook's Illustrated)
- Dessert: We baked Cappuccino Biscotti
What We're Watching:
- Still enjoying Taboo though it's definitely strange at times.
- Still enjoying Victoria on PBS.
- The Americans comes back in March and The Feud starts in March on FX. We're looking forward to both.
- Last week I watched Deepwater Horizon, which was less of an action movie than I expected but also less of a serious movie than I would have liked.
- We watched Snowden and while we enjoyed the movie for what it is, it's very clear which side of the patriotic whistleblower or traitor side the film-makers come down on. I would have liked a more balanced approach to telling Snowden's story.
- I watched Hell Or High Water and enjoyed it. I liked the story, the shots of west Texas, rooting for the bank robber brothers to outwit the law. I didn't recognize Chris Pine at first and Jeff Bridges was his usual terrific self as the grizzled, old, about-to-retire lawman. It's more than just a simple western-bank robber-action flick.
What I've Been Reading:
Some magazines and I started A Gentleman in Moscow. I'm not very far along but so far, I'm really enjoying the writing. It's rich and satisfying and charming.