|JAMON CON QUESO (jamon iberico, manchego, seville, olive oil, grilled baguette)|
|CRISPY BRUSSELS SPROUTS (sherry maple dijon glaze, pepitas, smoked goat cheese)|
|OXTAIL MONTADITO (caramelized onion, mahon cheese)|
|COSTILLAS DE LA MATANZA (baby back pork ribs, pomegranate sherry caramel,scallions, coriander, crunchy black olive)|
|We ate all the pork rib meat.|
|SHRIMP EN SOFRITO (roasted carrot, onion, fennel, anchovy, pimenton)|
|CHURROS for dessert|
Another delicious meal with great service.
Since then I have felt crappy and I was playing the "Allergies or Cold?" game. That went on for several days but last night it became apparent it is indeed a cold. I feel horrible. SP went out this morning before work to buy me medicine. I can't even sleep, I keep waking up and tossing & turning and ache everywhere.
Our Meals This Week:
- Chicken Noodle Soup (actually pastina, not noodles)
- Chicken Saltimbocca with arugula & tomato salad
- Dessert: Girl Scout cookies, popcorn, M&M's. No baking this week.
Lots of chicken, but I really wanted chicken soup because of how I have been feeling.
What We're Watching:
- Victoria ended. It was good, but the last episode seemed a little plodding.
- Worst Cooks in America ended. I don't want to spoil anything in case someone hasn't yet watched but while I am happy with the winning chef, I am not happy with the winning contestant. I think the other chef/contestant should have won.
- The Americans is back! Although I was confused for the first 15 minutes.
- Designated Survivor is back!
- Taboo has been renewed for a second season. More brooding Tom Hardy!
- We watched Moonlight. Really good movie. Now I need to see La La Land. And Fences & Hacksaw Ridge & Lion.
I sure hope Dish & Hearst settle their contract dispute soon. I had to set up manual timers for the OTA WTAE channel to record my shows. Yup. First world problem. But it's so nice to simply let the DVR pick up the new episodes of my shows. No wondering whether or not it's new.
What I've Been Reading:
- The Agent Runner by Simon Conway. Enjoyed this a lot. Not everyone enjoys spy/international intrigue/thriller books, but I do, and this is a good one.
- Rules of Civility. Yes. It's taken a while but once I finally sat down and started reading I found myself engrossed and not wanting to put it down. Just as enjoyable as Towles' A Gentleman in Moscow.