Grilled leg of lamb, pierogies, salad, roasted cauliflower
Dessert: Raspberry Shortbread Bars
- Not sure if I mentioned it before, but we decided to stop watching The Walking Dead. We are very close to giving up on 24: Legacy, too. And Quantico. When the last episode of Quantico ended this week, we looked at each other in disbelief. Neither of us can figure out what is going on, who is the AIC/CLF, who is bad/good, whatever. So. Lost.
- We started watching Big Little Lies on HBO. I'll be curious to see how it progresses and what SP anticipates/figures out. I feel a little like it has been spoiled for me because I read the book, so I know who dies and how plus the "big little lies."
- This Is Us. Oh how I wish I could quit you. Every week you make me cry and I hate crying but I can't quit you because you are just so darn good. I cried almost the entire episode this week because I knew what was coming.
- A couple weeks ago, we went to see Hidden Figures. Excellent. See it.
- Monday afternoon we watched Arrival. Also excellent. See it.
- Not excellent? That would be The Girl on the Train. I enjoyed the book but the movie? Boring. I didn't feel like they developed the characters very much. Also, the slow reveals and realizations by Rachel & Anna didn't seem particularly realized & revelatory. Read the book. Don't bother with the movie.
- I finished A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles. I really liked it. I enjoyed the verbal excess, the digressions, and I gasped aloud at the end because I thought I knew the Count's fate but turns out I got it wrong. That's a good thing.
- I started Towles' first novel Rules of Civility. My library pile is overwhelming me right now. I have 3 books and 1 week to read them all.